Building Blocks help global companies solve complex problems with digital technologies. We work with clients to identify digital opportunities that will increase revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our design, technical and operational expertise then put those opportunities into practice - rapidly, reliably and at global scale.
We have always worked with ambitious organisations who offer their products and services internationally. We understand the need to balance centralised consistency with local flexibility and offerings to support the specific goals of local market teams. We have rolled out 100’s of websites in over 100 different local countries.
Our team sits in Manchester, Boston and Zaragoza. We are a team of 70 people and growing, quickly. Building Blocks has just joined an international group of leading digital agencies – Dept, helping to expand its international presence.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Senior Consultant is responsible for the technical ownership of all projects on multiple client accounts both big and small across a number of technologies.
You will have multiple responsibilities including providing leadership to team members and ensuring that Senior Developers, and their team, deliver projects in line with best practice. You will be involved with estimates of work, creation and reviewing of technical specifications and creating proof of concepts.
You will be responsible for mentoring developers within the team. You will be responsible for identifying individual training needs and technical guidance for developers. You will act as a trusted advisor to our clients, this will include attending and hosting client meetings and workshops.
You must be passionate about new technologies, personal development and creating innovative solutions in a way that satisfies our clients expectations.
- You will be responsible for the leadership and architecture of large scale web projects.
- You will work with clients to become a technical leader both internally and for the wider project team.
- You will collaborate with team members while providing guidance, support and mentorship.
- You will work with the wider project team to deliver well scoped and developed solutions according to the clients’ needs.
- You will be able to filter and relay requirements across both sides of a project team (client/technical) in order to ensure delivery of a solution that fits with the client need while being feasible from a technical viewpoint.
- You will offer insights and opportunities for improvement to the wider team and overall business.
- You will have a passion for technology and willingness to adapt to new technologies in order to lead by example.
Technical/Specialist Skills and/or Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience with Java, J2EE, JSP, Microsoft .Net, MS SQL Server, Visual Studio, ASP.Net, ASP.Net MVC.
- Strong experience with Tomcat, JBoss, or another Java application server.
- Strong experience with Spring MVC.
- Experience with one of the following JUnit, Cucumber, Capybara, Jasmine.
- Solid experience with Hibernate, JPA, or another ORM library.
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL, Postgres or another SQL RDBMS.
- Experience with Maven or Gradle.
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience working with clients face to face and external.
- Experience leading a development team, managing tasks and managing a build.
- Experience working with a Project Manager and understanding budget.
- Experience designing enterprise scale software solutions.
- Experience in writing technical specifications and documentation as well as working collaboratively.
- Experience with an Enterprise level CMS platforms such as SDL Tridion, Sitecore, eSpirit FirstSpirit, Adobe AEM, Fatwire/Oracle, HippoCMS.
- Experience with Neo4J or MongoDB.
- Experience with Jenkins or Teamcity
Our Core Principles
We do things properly
We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best
We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership, and tackle everything with a proactive mind-set.
We’re open and honest
We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team and the clients we work with.
We trust each other
We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity, and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together
We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Remuneration & Benefits Package
Excellent package dependent on experience
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES