Building Blocks help global companies solve complex problems with digital technologies. We work with clients to identify digital opportunities that will increase revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our design, technical and operational expertise then put those opportunities into practice - rapidly, reliably and at global scale.
We have always worked with ambitious organizations who offer their products and services internationally. We understand the need to balance centralized consistency with local flexibility and offerings to support the specific goals of local market teams. We have rolled out hundreds of websites in over 100 different local countries.
Our team sits in Boston, Manchester (UK) and Zaragoza (Spain). We are a team of 75 people and growing quickly. Building Blocks is also part of an international group of leading digital agencies – DEPT (www.deptagency.com), helping to expand its international presence.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of the full project life-cycle, from requirements capture, through solution design, build, test and deployment and will manage project risks, issues and dependencies to deliver projects on time, on budget and to high quality.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of projects on plan, on budget and to high quality.
- You will manage multiple projects in parallel, keeping all project activities moving throughout the week by managing the project teams.
- You will be responsible for weekly project reporting to the client and Head of Projects on progress against time and budget.
- You will be the single point of contact for clients day-to-day during the project life cycle.
- You will be responsible for ensuring client PO numbers are confirmed before commencement of work.
- You will scope definition through creation of the Project Initiation Document and management and effective change management control during projects.
- You will lead the project team, holding project team meetings stand-ups.
- You will be responsible for the timely escalation of risks or issues to Account Managers and Projects Director.
- You will work with the Client Services team to support new work proposals and create project plans.
- You will participate in weekly scheduling meetings and requesting project resources in advance of dates required.
Technical/Specialist Skills and/or Experience
- Excellent organizational skills and experience of planning projects using Microsoft Project.
- Highly motivated and motivating individual with leadership skills.
- Strong stakeholder management (at senior level).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Scope and change management experience.
- A solid understanding of web technologies.
- Experience with Web Content Management systems such as Sitecore, SDL and Adobe is ideal.
- Past experience with QA process and approach.
- Experience of delivering both design projects and technical web based for web and mobile solutions to required time, budget and quality.
- Weekly reporting on project progress against schedule and budget.
- Raising invoices in line with agreed project milestones.
- Above all, a proactive and enthusiastic nature is essential.
- Some travel is required.
Our Core Principles
We do things properly
We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best
We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership, and tackle everything with a proactive mind-set.
We’re open and honest
We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team and the clients we work with.
We trust each other
We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity, and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together
We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Excellent package dependent on experience.
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES