Building Blocks help global companies solve complex problems with digital technologies. We work with clients to identify digital opportunities that will increase revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our design, technical and operational expertise then put those opportunities into practice - rapidly, reliably and at global scale.
We have always worked with ambitious organisations who offer their products and services internationally. We understand the need to balance centralised consistency with local flexibility and offerings to support the specific goals of local market teams. We have rolled out 100’s of websites in over 100 different local countries.
Our team sits in Manchester, Boston and Zaragoza. We are a team of 70 people and growing, quickly. Building Blocks has just joined an international group of leading digital agencies, Dept, helping to expand its international presence.
Overall Purpose of the Role
You will be the first point of contact with our visitors and clients, both on the phone and in person. You should be warm and friendly in personality and happy to help both clients and the internal team with any requests. You will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support, in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Reception and Office Coordination Duties
Take care of our visitors and support our staff, for example:
- Greeting guests and answering incoming calls.
- Manage the meeting rooms (diary, keep clean and tidy, sourced with pens, etc).
- Arrange lunch/breakfast, tea/coffee for meetings.
- Accept packages and distribute mail.
- Arrange logistics for offsite meetings, such as book accommodation, dinners, etc.
- Liaise with Building Manager on any issues.
- Administration - filing, seating plan, fire exit list.
- Ensuring office supplies are always full, purchasing when necessary (milk, tea, coffee, stationary, IT equipment, etc.) and create Purchase Request Forms.
Management and Accounting Support Duties
Support Management Team, for example:
- Arrange meetings.
- Liaise with HQ management support.
- Book travel and accommodation via our online travel booking system.
- Personal assistance to CEO.
- Bank/petty cash - taking cheques to the bank, track and get petty cash, arrange foreign currency for trip.
- Handle all the expenses and reclaims for staff, by chasing individuals for expenses, look after Office Manager’s credit card receipts, arrange expenses payment to staff, check expenses are in policy after line manager approval, etc.
- Assist Project Office with time entry and administration of external resources.
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Organised and able to prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and resourceful at problem solving.
- Polite and courteous.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Outgoing and friendly.
Our Core Principles
We do things properly
We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best
We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership, and tackle everything with a proactive mind-set.
We’re open and honest
We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team and the clients we work with.
We trust each other
We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity, and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together
We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent package dependent on experience
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES