Building Blocks help global companies solve complex problems with digital technologies. We work with clients to identify digital opportunities that will increase revenues, develop relationships and improve efficiencies. Our design, technical and operational expertise then put those opportunities into practice - rapidly, reliably and at a global scale.
We have always worked with ambitious organisations who offer their products and services internationally. We understand the need to balance centralised consistency with local flexibility and offerings to support the specific goals of local market teams. We have rolled out 100’s of websites in over 100 different local countries.
Our team sits in Manchester, Boston and Zaragoza. We are a team of 70 people and growing, quickly. Building Blocks is part of Dept - an international network of leading digital agencies. From our offices across Europe and the US, 600 of the most talented and experienced people in our industry combine creativity, technology and data to deliver digital products and services that build brands, grow businesses and make people’s lives easier
Dept is made up of the agencies TamTam, Expand Online, a friend of mine, Second Degree, Building Blocks, Studio Dumbar, Be Excellent, Trust Agents, Unskippable, eBrella, Webfactory and Tricode. The network has 600 employees, a combined turnover of over €60 million, and offices in Germany, UK, US, the Netherlands, Ireland and Spain.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Frontend Developer is a mid-level/senior position within our Experience team. Our Experience team here at Building Blocks is a mixed discipline digital team of fellow Front End Developers, UX specialists and Visual designers. You will work on a variety of global digital projects for high profile B2B and B2C brands. You will have a passion and track record for creating useful interactivity into websites and web applications.
The Frontend Developer will bridge the gap between our Experience Design and Technical teams, your role will be to work collaboratively with each group to prototype and then build interactive websites and applications for our global clients.
- You will build mobile-first, cross-browser compatible, high performing websites
- You will provide work estimates to Project Managers
- You will provide support to the Service Desk Team
- You will strive to look for better tools and techniques to introduce into the workplace
- You will deliver technical presentations to internal staff
- You will strive to continue to improve your craft
- You will ensure that client Technical Wiki’s are kept up to date
- You will always make yourself available to help anyone in the company no matter what role or technical level that person is.
- You will ensure Building Blocks best practices are followed (Coding quality, security, scalability, performance, translation & localisation)
- You will inform project managers of any issues identified in a project (along with your plans to rectify) and own the resolution until you are satisfied with the response.
- You will work with the Project Manager to ensure that solutions are developed in line with the effort allocated to the tasks and proactively prevent over-engineering of solutions.
Technical/Specialist Skills and/or Experience
- Be an expert in HTML and CSS
- Comfortable writing JS or jQuery
- Have an extreme attention to detail and strive for perfection
- Have experience of responsive website development including component development, templates, grids/breakpoints & pattern libraries
- Have experience or awareness of CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS and/or SASS)
- Have experience or awareness of task runners (e.g. Grunt and/or Gulp)
- Have experience using source control (Git)
- Be able to translate creative ideas and mockups into interactive prototypes
- Be aware of modular approaches to HTML markup
- Ideally, have experience of building a CMS
- Experience with React, Angular or similar is beneficial
Our Core Principles
We do things properly
We always focus on delivering quality, no matter what the task. We don’t cut corners and always strive to find the right solution for every challenge. We work with integrity and are dedicated to delivering excellence across the entire business.
We aim to be the best
We’re all passionate about what we do, so we focus on continually improving for the good of both our own personal development and the goals of the business. We’re confident in our ability to take ownership and tackle everything with a proactive mindset.
We’re open and honest
We are always approachable and transparent with our communications. Our opinions are open, constructive and respected by all members of the team and the clients we work with.
We trust each other
We all appreciate the contribution of each and every one of our colleagues. We treat each other with respect and dignity and know that we can rely on each other to provide help, support and guidance whenever it’s needed.
We’re all in it together
We don’t believe in blame, just in finding solutions to tackle even the hardest of challenges. We all have individual areas of expertise, and our success comes from our consistent collaboration.
Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent package dependent on experience
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES